Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Saturday

Hit Willard Saturday early and bottom bounced the Island, West Bank and Freeway Bay..No love and hardly marked a fish.
Decided to try trolling...Good Choice!!! couldn't keep them off. Lots of play from hard hitting Wipers and even a few Walleye, but the surprise of the day was the First fish to hit the planer board set up. A 15 inch Rainbow Trout.. First one ive caught there and heard of...No pictures but i released it to get bigger.
It would be very interesting to know the journey this thing had to get into Willard. Probably through the Pineview waterway through the baffles and on down into the lake...Unless the bucket Biologists were out again.
Anyway...a fun day in the waves and all the wipers and walley were about 20 inches. Wipers hit like a frieght train. My Brother in law is hooked on Wipers now.
All in all a Great Trip!!!
[signature]
Was it very crowded?
[signature]
Congrats on a fine outing. Windy most of the day at my place near Bountiful. Surprised that you weren't blown off of Willard Bay.
[signature]
Nicely done on the multi-bag. I caught a wayward bow out of the bay maybe four or five years ago so it does happen. The only one that I heard that was stranger was a few years back someone on the board caught a Kokanee that had been washed down from Causey. Long ways from home there little slimer....
[signature]
Believe it or not: I caught a 12 inch kokanee salmon at Willard Bay one day. I emailed a fish and game biologist and he thought came down the river from East Canyon Res.

Perhaps they will start a population there? lol
[signature]

It got Windy and we fought it for awhile...They were up feeding in the waves and the wind...Luckily we had three in the boat so one could keep it steered into the wind and not become an issue...If there would have only been two of us it would have been real tough
[signature]

It was not to bad considering free fishing day but the wind may have scared a few off.
[signature]
I have fished Willard bay since the late 70s and have caught several rainbows and even a German brown there. I usually caught them in early spring fishing along the dike throwing a rapala.
[signature]