Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up at Lincoln?
Fished Lincoln today and did okay... good fishin' but nothin' big.

About 11:00 or so a big helicopter came in and hovered in one spot for at least 45 minutes. Big copter. It was hovering a few hundred yards out from the Lincoln Access point -- about where all the walleye guys fish. I was fishing near the BS so could not see what was going on so nosey me had to drive down that way when I left the launch. Looked like an over-turned boat?? Something dark about the size of a boat hull visible from the road and 3-4 support boats in the water nearby.

If it was a boat I hope no one was hurt. Anybody know/see what happened?

BLK
[signature]
[#0000FF]Sounds like the "breezes" of Utah Lake have swamped another boat. Hope the occupants made it to shore okay.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]On the other hand, it could have been a cataholic who hooked one of your bigguns and got pulled under.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
was there any empty trailers in the parking lot.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
8-10 truck/trailers when I left at 11:30 — none when I arrived at 5:30??
[signature]
We were there also and had the chance to talk to the guys who were with the chopper. It was a group of Armey guys practicing water and boat rescue. The black thing you saw was a assault type rubber craft with a 200 horsepower motor. Was fun to see. Glad they were there because the fish were not.
[signature]
Good to know it was nothing serious.

Was also good to meet you on the water today. Looked like you had good load and were ready for some serious cattin'. it was kinda slow and I never did find anything over a 2 footer. Maybe the wind over the weekend had something to do with it. I winched in about a dozen but all were in the 20 to 25 inch range. Carp meat worked best for me.

I'll be after them again tomorrow so hope to post up a few bigguns.

Fish on.

BLK
[signature]
I saw "the flag" hanging slack again this morning about 5:30. How did you do today?
[signature]