Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marabou Jigs
[#0000FF]I have been making and using 'bou jigs for several decades. And there are quite a few 'bou jiggers in Utah. These feathery little trinkets work on just about every water and every species.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]A while back I had a couple of requests for one of my pictorial tutorials on 'bou jigs...colors, sizes, how to fish them, etc. Finally finished it up and thought maybe some fellow BFTers might like to read it.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Here 'tis.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Great write up as always. All the details and pictures required to get someone headed in the right direction. They can always modify with experience. Thanks for the time you put into these things Pat.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Thanks.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]You're welcome.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Keeps me off the streets and out of trouble. At least my wife thinks so.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
great read..always look forward to your articles...Thank you Pat..Danny B now where is my marabou jig box ?
Thanks Pat. You are always helping out your fellow fisherman. Much appreciated.
[signature]
Thank you TD for your generosity and willingness to help other anglers. You sir are in a class all by yourself. Not many people are so willing to help others like you do.
[signature]
Marabou jigs. I can see how they just might work. One of these days I’m gonna give ‘em a true try!
[signature]
But, in all seriousness, I thank you Pat for your impeccable service and fantastic meticulous marabous! They have served me perfectly.
[signature]
Didn't see the ever deadly Halloween included. [Wink] Awesome write up as always.
[signature]
[quote AnglerDan]Didn't see the ever deadly Halloween included. [Wink] Awesome write up as always.[/quote]

[#0000FF]The writeup on fishing 'bou jigs did not include all of the colors and combos I turn out...either for my own use or custom colors for other feather freaks. I am attaching another pictorial that shows more colors. Several orange/black combos are on page 5[/#0000FF].

[#0000FF]Don't know what it is about the black and orange...or any other color with orange...but troutskis sure like it.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Thanks. Glad to help where I can. Had some good help myself along the way and believe in paying it forward.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Thanks Dave.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I heard you caught a fish on one...once. I also heard you left a whole box of 'bous beside the trail in the Boulders. Ouch.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
20+ years ago, a 1/4 ounce darter head mostly black with a stripe of hot pink was my goto for both spring chinook and summer steelhead in OR. It's hard to think of any fish they wouldn't catch if they are presented correctly for the particular species.
[signature]
TD, thanks for not spilling the beans on catfish and Willard.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Wouldn't think of it. Might have at least two or three other people crowding you around the dikes.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]As I told you once, flies and marabou jigs were all I used to fish around Willard. Caught everything on them. Still do.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Marabou jigs are some of my favorite offerings. Any jigs, really. I appreciate the ones you sent me a few years ago. Thanks.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I don't always post responses to your great pictorial reports, but I always read and enjoy them. I get special pleasure out of seeing a 'bou jig hanging out of the mouth of one of those beautiful fish you show off. I used to do a lot of high country hiking and bushwhacking. Now I can only whimper and whine when I read such exploits from others...like yourself.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Thanks for your contributions.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]By the way, if you ever need any special size, color or special hook size/head size jigs, let me know. I'd be glad to try to help you put together what the fishies REALLY REALLY want.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]