Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL hotspots?
I will continue to be boatless for a little while longer. My bank fishing spot has suddenly gone very cold on me. In fact it reeks of skunk around there.

What I am hoping is that someone can direct me to some spots to try for catfish that might be better than trying to shore-troll the whole lake. I have a couple of days to explore and don't mind going anywhere from Provo Boat Harbor to Genola. (I live in Spanish Fork.) But I'd like not to be such a grasshopper that I never get much real fishing in. If you could help me out I would really appreciate it. I'm not asking for your honey holes, just a specific general area.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Maybe out near the "L" off of Lincoln Beach ?
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
2 spots to try are Mulberry and Goose point. You can find them on the map of Utah Lake Access Points:

http://utahlakecommission.org/access-points/

I caught a nice one up by goose point a couple weeks ago and the bank tanglers I spoke with said it had been good there. That is 2 weeks old though.
[signature]
Fished Mullberry Beach yesterday in the afternoon. Caught 8 or 9 cats. You can cast to 7’-8’ water. All caught on the Yard Bird Special bait. Nothing special. Cookie cutters.
[signature]
Thanks all. Those were places I was considering. Would it be helpful if I waded out some to get into deeper water? I'm a little afraid to try that after looking at the channel below the first spring last year.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

It took me a minute to figure out what bait you were talking about. I'll have to pick some up at the store today. How long do you have to let it cure? Would overnight be long enough?
[signature]

Overnight would be good.
[signature]
Recently, I went just South of the Lindon Boat harbor and bailed off the road, down the little cliffs and marched out through a hundred yards of tules. That put me in thigh-deep water where I had to stand and float my gear in a bucket, but all along the edges, points, and little bays at the edges of those rushes had catfish.

The other thing I do is hit the same places, but with a glowing bobber at night...., and I switch-up baits.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I bought the lighted bobber today but the heat has just drained me so I won't go out tonight. Can you explain what you mean about switching up bait?
[signature]

Switching up baits means to try different baits till you find what’s best.
[signature]
So I'll be taking along these baits today: nightcrawlers, shrimp, chicken, chicken livers, prepared hot dogs, cut white bass. I plan to try them all until I find what works best. Any hints about fishing from shore around the L?
[signature]

Yeah, just that. Fish that have been offered wb chunks and nightcrawlers for a couple weeks might perk up at shrimp, or deer meat, or carp instead......

Never know.
[signature]
When I'm alone, I run 2 poles. Different baits on each, and change them out every hour or so if nothing is hitting.When the wife is with me we do the same with 4 poles, each with different baits. Sometimes all we get is a bunch of different drowned baits [laugh] but other times we can key in on 1 or 2 baits that are attracting hits.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool