Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bloomin Algae again! Provo Bay
I just got a text and an email:

Algal Bloom in Provo Bay 2018

The public, their pets, and other animals are warned to stay out of Utah Lake’s Provo Bay due to the discovery of a blue-green algal bloom. The Utah Department of Environmental Quality’s (DEQ) Division of Water Quality (DWQ) has collected samples and found the presence of algal species that have the potential to produce toxins. For concerns about possible human exposure, call the Utah Poison Control Center at 800-222-1222, or your physician.

Additional updates will be sent as more information is available.
https://deq.utah.gov/water-quality/harmf...looms-home

Just a warning, hopefully it won't get worse[Tongue]
[signature]
Decrease in Recreational boaters. My heart breaks😂
[signature]
I don't know for sure but it looked like a bloom in the channel at Lincoln this morning.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

As has been stated here by many, they happen every year, especially in more enclosed areas. The ones that produce the cyanotoxins are not there in every bloom. The testing will be done soon, but it is usually wise to stay away from large patches of scum.
[signature]
I call the place the big toilet.lol
[signature]
Are you telling me I should stop filling my water bottles from Utah lake now lol
[signature]
Aint that a shame...............[cool]
Since I don't go to UL to get IN the water, but hopefully take fish out, then put them back in, a few less......heck, a lot less "Recreational boaters" from the power squadron does not hurt my feelings al all.[sly]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
All most makes me want a bloom year round to keep the squad away!
[signature]
If there is anywhere there is room for both us anglers and the recreational boaters it is Utah Lake.
[signature]
I agree that their is plenty of room for all of us. But sometimes they want to occupy the same space.
[signature]
They just want to show you how cool they are.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]