Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation - No slimmers harmed in the making of this report
I hadn't fished Starvation since April19th so I thought it might be worth a try. There hasn't been any reports from Starvy for quite awhile which means it's either slow and no one wants to talk about it, or it's hot and no one want s talk about it.[Wink]

I launched my tube in the Indian Bay area around 6:15 and fished until 2:00 using fly tackle. I used a medium sinking line with various size 6-8 bead head crystal buggers and size 6 bead head leeches. Most of the fish were hooked in shallow water, 5' - 12' deep while stripping the line in. I picked up small walleye from 12" to 17", smallmouth bass from 10" to 18", and one 7" perch. There was not a trout to be had for me today, but thats okay.

The water temperature was 60-63 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 6' - 7'. The reservoir is 90% full and dropping slowly.

The fishing wasn't fast and the size wasn't great but it was fun to catch something besides trout.

There are quite a few folks camped in Indian Bay and a few of them had boats tied up near their camp. The place has gotten pretty popular.
[signature]
Good report, I am always glad to see a starvation report!
[signature]