Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard...Wednesday the 13th
[#0000ff]Okay, alliterating Ws in the catchy title. But at least there was no BIG W...wind. Another sneaky trip in between Mama Nature hissy fits.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff] [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Met up with r2U2 and FatBiker at the south marina for a "tri-tilla". Messed with a boater launching about the same time we were by telling him that we had reserved the lake for our kinda craft today. Had him goin' for a minute.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff] [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Air temp just under 50. Cool. Water temp 69 at launch and warming to 72 by noonish. Lots of boats launching from the south marina today.
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Nothing going in in the channel but my first cast on the outside dikes got smacked by a smallie. The first of 15 to 20. Most underfooters with a couple of footlongs.
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]About the second or third cast with a shad colored plastic got the first kitty of the day...the first of about a dozen or so. A couple more on the shad plastic, several on fligs and several more on dragged minnows. Fun fun...especially when the wipers, walleyes and other non-cat species don't wanna play. Did enjoy getting abused by some of those little smallies though. They like to fight.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff] [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]All of our threesome caught fish. Back at the ramp Richard (r2) said he caught 7 nice cats. FatBiker did not come in when we did so I don't know his final totals. I know he had lots of bendo with smallies and maybe some cats.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff] [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Lovely day. I guess Wednesday the 13'th is luckier than Friday the 13'th.
[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Pat, always good to see you. Both you and Richard did much better than I. Never did land anything but smallies. Got a kitty and a Wiper close to the boat before they came loose. Never counted, but I'd guess four or five 14 inches or so. Another dozen around 12 inches and at least that many smaller ones. Ask told it was still a good day tho be wet.
[signature]
[#0000FF]We've both had days with worse weather and fewer tugs. I'm always properly grateful for a bent rod and stretched string.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I admit I was kinda worried when we were getting ready to launch at the ramp and we could smell skunk. Glad that was not a portent of things to come.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Those smallies have really multiplied the past couple of years of higher water levels. They own the dikes.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Sounds like a SM bass kind of day[Wink]. Nice going Pat, glad to see the bass are making such a great come back.
[signature]
Looks like a successful outing...
[signature]
[#0000FF]Not as good as you have been doing on the toothy critters. But I don't have a tricked out Lund to go look for them either.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]