Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crystal and Cliff Lakes in the Uintahs
My neighbors are taking their 5 year old son fishing at Crystal and Cliff Lakes near Mirror Lake. Please share any tips you have regarding bait or tackle I can pass along. Thanks
[signature]
Fly and bubble is what I use. Crystal has a few grayling in there now if you've never caught one of those. Adams, mosquito, black ants, etc..

Fishing is only a small part of what makes that area enjoyable. One of my favorite areas. [Smile]
[signature]
Fly and bubble is what I first thought of, too. But with a 5 year old a worm or salmon eggs under a big old red and white bobber might work better. I still get a kick out of watching that float bopping and moving and going under. Both flies and bait worked well at Pass Lake (next to Mirror Lake) 4th of July two years ago. The fish aren't big, but they sure are fun.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Fish the inlets if moving water is present.

Be prepared for Mosquitoes.
[signature]
May I make a suggestion, work your way around Washington Lake to tail lake, lots of fish. Worth the trek. Fly and bubble.
[signature]
Cliff Lake is a tough one to fish. They are there, just a hard lake. Bait. Worms.
[signature]
Thanks for the advice; it’ll help Seth and his folks catch some fish.
[signature]