Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIS Sticker Purchase
When I lived in 'Vegas a few year ago I would get my AIS sticker with the boat registration. I've since moved to Utah and have a different boat. I'm planning to bring it to 'Vegas and Mead next week. Anyone know if I can buy the AIS sticker at the Lake Mead entrance station, or do I need to get it from an NDOW office?

I also assume I'll have to stop at the AZ / UT state line for an inspection or decontamination on the way back North, although the boat will be parked at my Dad's house for 8 or 9 days after being on the lake before travelling home.
[signature]
I can't answer on the sticker since I get mine online and in the mail. Never tried to get one outside of that.

You will have to pull over at the weigh station just inside the Utah border. Lots of signs and directions on where to go (stay to the left until the last building/area before getting back on the Interstate (if it hasn't changed since the last couple times I have hit it)). Since it is now summer if your boat has not been in the lake for 7 days then you would be good to go post their visual inspection.

Tom
[signature]
What I found on a quick Google search:

http://www.ndow.org/Boat/Aquatic_Invasiv...formation/

How to Purchase a Decal
On-line at www.ndowlicensing.com (service fee applies)
Toll Free at (866) 703-4605 (service fee applies)
NDOW Office Locations
Reno: 1100 Valley Road, (775)688-1500
Elko: 60 Youth Center Road, (775)777-2300
Winnemucca: 815 E. 4th St., (775)623-6565
Las Vegas: 4747 Vegas Drive, (702)486-5127
Fallon: 380 West B St., (775)423-3171
Henderson: 744 South Racetrack Road, (702)486-6742
Ely: 1218 North Alpha St., (775)289-1655 Ext. 21
[signature]
[cool] I purchased my AIS sticker at the NDOW office in Henderson. Was easier for me.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I was hoping to save a trip to the Henderson office, but it sounds like I'll need to make time for it. Not sure buying it online would get the sticker to me in time.
[signature]