Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokes and weather?
I know that with some fish (walleye) a storm coming in or low pressure seems to have an effect on fishing.

Do low pressure systems or high pressure systems have an effect on kokes?
When they are 30-60 feet down does surface weather matter? If so what kind of weather is best?
[signature]
I do not know about how pressure changes Kokanee. I have had mornings though that were on the slow side when the water was like glass and as soon as a wind came up the fish went crazy. This has happened on several occasions.
[signature]
[quote lifeshort]I do not know about how pressure changes Kokanee. I have had mornings though that were on the slow side when the water was like glass and as soon as a wind came up the fish went crazy. This has happened on several occasions.[/quote]

Kokes do indeed pick up with a bit of chop/overcast skies, big storms though they tend to shut down with the change in barometric pressure.
[signature]
koks are skiddish fish! I think the wind helps hide the boat both noise and looks. Just a thought.
[signature]
I believe some of my best Kokanee fishing has been on foggy or overcast days!
[signature]

[quote OCF]I believe some of my best Kokanee fishing has been on foggy or overcast days![/quote]

I will go along with this.
[signature]