Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Wind this Saturday
Anyone going to attempt to fish Strawberry tomorrow? I was planning to go up, but I called Strawberry Marina at around 12:30 today (Friday) to see how the weather looked. They said that it was really windy and a lot of boats were getting off the water. Online the forecast for Friday at noon was 25 mph, gusting to 40 mph. Don’t know if that was the case or not.

The forecast that I looked at for tomorrow shows 16 mph wind at 6am and increasing to 20 mph at noon. Better than Friday but I think that I will stay home. I don’t like it when it gets over 10-12 mph.

I know that you die hard guys are thinking, good one less boat on the water and more room in the parking lot.

Where do you draw the line when it comes to wind?
[signature]
Go fish tomorrow. I hesitated going today due to the weather forecast of 10-20 mph. I was on the water at Soldier Creek by 6am. The wind was gentle at 3-4 mph and stayed that way until about 9:30. It was probably 6-7 mph when we left.
The Kokanee were hitting and I was very glad I went. Don’t always believe The Fake News or the weather.
[signature]
Fished soldier creek today from 8am to noon. We toook 13 for four of us. Wind helped and we floated with it. 40ft and 1.8 mph. Pink squids and pink dodgers
[signature]
Soldier Creek wind wasn't too bad today (Saturday). I heard it was pretty bad yesterday. Hope you made it out.
[signature]
I went up Friday evening and stayed over Saturday in camp. The wind was gale force Friday so did not go out - didn't look like many boats were out Friday. The wind laid down by Saturday morning though it was still a bit choppy. I met Kevin at the Strawberry marina at 0530. We worked for 7 nice kokanee, put 3 small ones back along with several cutts. Not fast but steady fishing.

Most of the kokes came at 29 to 39 feet down. Surface temp was 59*. Quite a few boats on Saturday which is becoming the norm. I generally like the weekdays better.
[signature]
Good to hear that some of you were able to get out Saturday and catch some Kokanee.

I ended up not going. The wind forecast was just one of the reasons for not going up. The other was that it was Saturday and the last two times that I have been there on Saturday it was crazy crowded. It’s pretty bad when you arrive at 6:30 am and the parking lot is full.

I may need to take a day off work again and get a couple more of the grandkids out fishing.
[signature]
Friday was good for us in the wind! Floated along at 1.7 and caught 14 for 16 allowed. Pink did good down at 40ft

Looking forward to the next trip !
[signature]