Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blown Off at Lincoln
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Went to Lincoln on Saturday and fished with Catchinon. It was a slow and windy day, but it was good to get acquainted with him and to meet Mooseman75. We also saw ice_sled on the water and it was good to see him again. [/font]
[font "Calibri"]I got to the ramp at about 4:30 and there was 1 trailer in the parking lot. The winds were SW at 10 to 15 and the water temp was 70 in the channel. I hoped to get some fresh bait before first light and I got 1 white about 5” long just as Catchinon joined me. A few minutes later Mooseman75 came with his son. We tried for 20 minutes or so, but no more whites came to play.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]CO and I set up off the springs in almost 7 FOW. I lost the first cat I hooked and then over the next 2 hours or so we got 2 skinny kitties in the boat. The best one was 25” and both were clearly post spawn. At about 7:30 the SW wind had gone from down to 5 -10 mph. It looked like the cats weren’t moving much so we decided to try dragging some baits to them. We barely got the anchors in and the baits in the water when the wind switched to NW. Within 10 minutes it was up to about 15 MPH and the swells were building. [/font]
[font "Calibri"]We pulled the gear and decided to try the sheltered area south of the dikes. We got there and found ice_sled already there. 10 minutes later the other boat that had been near us at the springs joined us there. [/font]
[font "Calibri"]The hope was that the NW wind would die as quickly as it came up, but instead it slowly strengthened. After an hour we had only one bullhead for our efforts and the wind was pushing 20 mph so we decided to call it a day.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]The total for the morning was 1 white, 2 skinny cats and a bullhead. The wind beat us, but the morning was pretty and it was good to fish with some fellow BFT folks.[/font]
[signature]
It was quite the wind. When I passed you guys as I headed back towards the launch channel I decided to drag some bait. It no more hit the bottom and it was game on. Nice size channel with a huge head. But that is all I saw. You would think that a mature cat would know how to hang on! While playing with said fish my boat ran into the Red boyu at the intrance to the harbor. Thought I was going to be re-baptized. Had to be One of BLK’s trained 33”plusers.
[signature]
Too bad it didn't hang on long enough to get into the contest, we could use some 33+!

I'm glad you didn't got in after it though[Wink]
[signature]