Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grizzly
They are drawing 1 Grizzly bear tag . The only reason they are doing this is to generate money . 1 tag really?
[signature]
at least it open the door to manage the bears. hold on though, there is current litigation trying to stop the hunt. they really need to release some into the bay area, that would get the management process started
[signature]
Central Park in New York too . Also wolves.
[signature]
I though about putting in for it just because this will be the only year I could without screwing up my other draw hunts. Then I got to thinking that if it really happens I don't think I would like all the publicity that it's going to get so I didn't put in.
[signature]
[quote curt69]They are drawing 1 Grizzly bear tag . The only reason they are doing this is to generate money . 1 tag really?[/quote]

Got to be a revenue generator, working the hoards that will apply money for a month. Ours cost us $376. Of course we get a $166.75 back if we don't draw, but still that much in a interest bearing account for a month would come to a good chunk of change.

Wyoming on the other hand, charged me just $15 to apply and if I make the draw list then I remit the full amount when I pick up the tag.
Wyoming Buffalo/Bison started out this way for a couple years, but now you have send the full amount for the draw, so I quit applying. If they do that next year, it will thin the herd of applicants as the tag is $6,000.00 for NR.

Ouzel
[signature]
My family who has been hunting WY for big game since 1997 is calling it quits after this season do to the big price hikes for non resident licenses. I luckily drew my controlled elk bull tag after 7years and the wife and I drew our antelope muzzle loader hunts for this fall there. They seem to think they will still generate enough interest in their nonresident hunters to not lose any money for their kitty. Good luck to them. [Smile]
[signature]
Good luck hope you have a great hunting season .
[signature]