Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valentines day at Echo
Fished from about 2 till 5 in 36' of water. Fishing was slower than usual, couldn't locate a really large school of fish, the fish would just come in a few at a time. The good part was we caught a couple of real dandy Perch! I thought they were much larger trout from the fight they put up. 11" long but fat and chock full of eggs. Several others 8-10" and a bunch of small ones. Still got our limit it just took a while longer.

FM
[signature]
It sounds like you had a good afternoon on the ice, what area were you fishing and what were you using? If you got your limit in three hours I would think that was very good, thanks for the report. WH2
[signature]
I'm not sure what it's called but we were fishing out from the next major access point South of the ramp. We were using the usual Swedish Pimple or Kastmaster with a Genz Worm about 12" below tipped with a chunk of crawler. The fishing was "good" but slow compared to what it has been. A few weeks ago I could have caught the same number of fish in half an hour. The fish on Sat. would show up on my finder one, two, three or sometimes more at a time but other times they've been a 2 to 10' thick solid band on the bottom and a squadron would come up several feet to intercept my jig before it got to the main group. It was quite a sight to see. But for the past few weeks the fishing has still been good but I haven't found big schools like that. Most of the time I don't see any fish until I start jigging and "call" them in, at least that's what it seems like.

FM
[signature]