Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry kokes and cutts 6-19-18
Wiperslayer and I went up to the Berry today with Liketrolling. We were worried about the weather putting the fish down but it turned out to to be another great day. We arrived a little after 5:30 am and found the air temps were in the upper 30's. Launched and we on the water fishing a little after 6am and had the first fish on, in minutes. Had about 6 kokes on the ice in the first hour with about half the fish caught being cutts, then we hit a dry spell on the kokes and caught nothing but cutts for the next hour. Robert decided it was time to check out another spot and that turned out to be a good move. We started catching kokes again before all lines were in the water and had our last 6 fish in 30 minutes. That turned out to be perfect timing because the wind came up right after that and when it hit 11 mph we decided that was enough, so we headed in. Got 1 good koke at 21", 1 that was 18, the rest were 15 to 16". On the cutts they were just your average cookie cutter fish, nothing over 17 or 18". Thanks a bunch Robert for taking us up again, you are a master on the Berry.
[signature]
I was asking Robert where to go this coming Thursday. Did not realize he was just getting back from catching again. Thanks for report and the pic. That one 21 incher is nice. Great Fish.
I tore my Achilles on May 9th and have not been able to fish all spring. My buddies are going to try to get me on the boat Thursday. I hope we can find a couple.
[signature]
Very Nice Koke.....

Great job guys , Thanks for sharing

I am planning on the SC side this Friday. Hoping to see a little less pressure over there.
[signature]
That's a great pile of fish!
[signature]
I like fishing the wind, seems like the koke bites pick up. Will be there this weekend to take some DAVs out.
[signature]
Robert is up there again today, so he will likely have some more info after he gets back. That big koke seemed to dwarf the smaller ones. Good luck on Thurs and with your recovery from that torn Achilles.
[signature]
I got most of them in the smoker right now[cool], can't wait to give them a try.
[signature]
No problem fishing in the wind but once you have limited out, there isn't really much else you can do. Legally you are not suppose to continue fishing, unless you stop one fish short of a limit. Good luck at the DAV event, hope you find your vet some willing fish.
[signature]
Thanks, it wasn't too bad out there yesterday as far as the boats but in general I think you are right about the SC side having less people. Good luck on Fri.
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up. I will ask him.

Smoked Kokanee sounds delish. I love it just on the grill. Yum.
[signature]
Now just need to hope there isnt less Fish..... [Wink]
[signature]
I saved some for the grill too. What kind of seasoning do you usually put on your Salmon when grilling it?
[signature]
super nice haul! Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
The SC side will be pretty busy this Friday and Sat. with around 40 boats taking out DAVs Sat.
[signature]
Nice job and you got them all just in time to get off before the winds got too bad. Catching cutts just keeps you busy while you wait for the kokes to bite once again, so I'd say you had another perfect outing.

Did you use Robert's latest creation once again?

With any luck maybe can get out there again soon as well. Too busy this week, but maybe next week we can go again.
Thanks Jil and yes we were using Robert's latest creation, he makes some unusual stuff but it works great and that is all that counts, in my book.
[signature]
Great job!
[signature]
Lemon Pepper goes nicely with Kokanee. I make a wasabi lime sauce that pairs well with these tasty fish as well.
[signature]
I've used Lemon Pepper for year when cooking fish, can't say I've ever tried wasabi lime sauce but that sounds good, thanks.
[signature]
One more seasoning that goes well on salmon - you can get it at Walmart. It is called "Slap ya Mamma". Pretty good stuff - a little spicier than lemon pepper.
[signature]