Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Kokanee - video
I reported earlier on my June 16 trip to the Soldier Creek side of Strawberry. I finally had time to look through some video from the WaterWolf. I only ran the WaterWolf for a short while and you can see there were definitely fish. This was mostly between 35-45 feet deep.

Interesting to see how skittish the Kokanee are.

https://youtu.be/lLX7kIPDUdg
[signature]
That video is so awesome!!
[signature]
Thanks for Sharing !!!!! Dang cool to watch this kinda stuff I think.....
[signature]
Also interesting to note that singles and one double came in to see your squid. Where are the schools?
[signature]
Way cool!! Thanks for sharing !!
[signature]
That video makes me wonder if the scent was not enticing and maybe another scent might have triggered the hit. Or the color. The squid looked orange. That has been a good color I have heard.
Interesting.
[signature]
I would actually recommend a shorter line length from the dodger to the squid to get a little more action to the squid. I can't really tell how long it is, but with the action of the dodger, I thought it should be doing more.
Thanks for sharing. A picture is worth a thousand words!
[signature]
I wondered about the line between the squid and dodger. It's already pretty short... Probably 10-12 inches.

The squid and dodger (and snubber) are pink, but at depth they look orangish.
[signature]
If you have no other action producer at the nose of your squid, I'd be at 6" to 9" for my leader length to get the best action out of my dodger....That being said, I've had better results WITH the extra action at the nose, like from a billfish, Smile Blade, small Colorado blade, Assasin style forked blade, etc.....and with these, you DO need the extra length on your leader.....Guluk....
[signature]
I do not know what the video would loom like but you might want to not shorten the line from squid to dodger but ad mono from rubber snubbed to dodger. I think the rubber snubbed is killing the Action of the Dodgers. Or try dodger rubber snubber leader squid you might be surprised I would like to see the difference on video at the sams speeds.
[signature]
I think I know what you are saying, but I believe you wanted to direct your comment to FishnotPhish..Guluk..
[signature]