Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabled Veteran Fishing Sat.
Thanks you guys for changing the Disabled Veteran Fishing day to June

picked up one vet at 6:30 (I wanted two so we could bring 12 kokes home )
but it worked good this way he got to reel all the fish in
The best part we got to the Strawberry side where I wanted to fish and there was no
boats there we had the place to ourselves for 1 hour then 4 or 5 came over

this guy had never seen downriggers before and did not know what a kokanee was

driving over I was telling him what to do he picket it up good
I did not reel one fish in even when we had 2 or 3 on at the same time
we got a lot of fish biggest Koke was 22" biggest cut was 20"
brought 8 kokes back
drove around Strawberry showing him what it looked like from a boat
had a good time

NO BOATS hit me.
[signature]
I spoke with him at the lunchin and he was absolutely thrilled with all the fish you put him on! Thank you for showing him such a great time! [Wink]
[signature]
You did very well! Glad to hear you helped someone have a great time![fishon]
[signature]
Great job getting him out Robert. I took a young man out who is going through a really rough time and we were able to get into a few limits of kokes and a bunch of small cuts. Fish were not as big as a few weeks ago, but we still a good time. Not super fast for us, but consistent enough to have a good time and give my friend a nice break. Lots of boats out doing a great thing this weekend!
[signature]
I picked up my vet Roy a little before 7am. We headed straight east of the boat ramp and started fishing for Kokes with two rigs in the water. We also had on spinning rod with a long line dodger and worm. We basically fished north and south along the eastern shore down to the dam. My vet caught and landed one nice 17" Koke and lost three more trying to land them. In addition we changed tactics and started fishing with leadcore and popgear and 4 colors. We boated three small Bows and two keeper Bows and one 14 1/2" Cutt that he kept. We also boated 28 Cutts and had two LDRs for a total of 34 fish for the day.
Roy had a great time as did I. I plan to volunteer for 2019. It was a great event and well organized and executed.
[signature]
two week ago you could catch kokanee with leadcore but the kokes have gone to deep.

you did good the cuts are really starting to bit
[signature]
You had a youngster with you, I ended up taking two Marines out one 70 and the other 60, they had a great time even though the fishing was slow we probably should have went over to the Berry side, I mentioned it once but they were happy catching the smaller cuts and one nice bow plus one koke and a lost koke at the net. They had never been up to the event before but are hoping we have another next year. Never did hear how many boats showed up or how many DAVs were taken out. Thanks again Todd and Trever for putting this together, tight lines guys.
[signature]
I picked up my veteran Ed and we fished from the day use area down to the mouth of the Narrows. We ended up catching a lot of small 8 to 10 in cutthroat trout and we ended up catching one 16in Kokanee . Ed brought along a fly rod so about 9 30-ish we called it quits on the trolling and headed to the North End to try our luck tossing some flies. Ed was able to catch a few small rainbows tossing the Flies and we called it a day right about noon after lunch we went back out and had about the same results as earlier in the day. I look forward to this event every year
[signature]