Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaker Breaker 1-2
I think that it would be great if more people would bring FRS radios with them while fishing. I always have one and I seldom get anyone to respond when I call out for other BFT members. The radios are a better help to each other that posting after you return home. The good thing is that the radios are real cheap now. On my first trip on the ice this year I met up with Petty4Life using the radio. He gave me a BFT sticker and some great tips on how to catch fish through the ice. I have also met several other members this way and we have exchanged information that has helped all of up catch more fish. BFT has adopted FRS channel 12 as our base station and I would like to see a lot more traffic on it in the future. If you don,t have one get one they are also useful for emergencies and traveling. DKSRenegade
[signature]
I agree, it seems that I rarely get anyone to respond when I bring my radio but I always try and bring it and call out a few times during the day. I have been using the two mile range radios for a few years now but I'm thinking about upgrading to the five mile range type. I saw them on sale in the Spring Fever Sale catalog from Bass Pro Shops yesterday for $14.88 each. They are made by Bell South, sounds like a good deal but has anyone tried that brand name before? WH2
[signature]
i have them but i keep forgetting to take them with me. guess i will go out and put one in my box right now.
[signature]
I have 2 Conair $5.00 ea. and 2 Midland $30.00 ea. The Conair are 2 mile and the Midland are 10 Mile[which require a license] The Conair work great in the open,like ice fishing. I hope to hear more people using them now that they know others are also bringing them. DKS
[signature]