Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish Blitz
Several of us who live in southern Utah County and points south attempted to stage The First Annual Southern Southern Team Catfish Blitz on Utah Lake last Saturday. Our goal was to put some points on the board and have some fun. Most everybody showed up and braved the wind for a while. We decided to postpone until this Saturday, but life came up and not everyone could make it today. Actually all who could make it congregated on Bigcatch30's 22' pontoon boat. Besides he and I, Mooseman75 and his four boys attended. We met at 6:00 and went to Bird Island. To make a long story short we just slayed the cats, landing 50 or more amongst us. I made modest gains in my score, but the others all raised theirs considerably. Catslayer boated a 28 or 28.5" monster and djiluvfish caught a big black lunker, too. (If I got those names wrong, Mooseman, let me know and I will correct it.)

You know how some people just always outfish everybody else? It looks like Catslayer is one of those guys. I like to fish by him, hoping some of his "luck" will rub off on me. But all the Mooseman tribe are great fishermen. I learned more today which was a personal goal for me. Bigcatch30 shared his wisdom and some awesome Owner hooks. And I really am catchinon.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

You did awesome in getting their names correct and did awesome ina crammed boat. Good thing it was big to get us all on their. It was an outrageous day to say the least. Thanks for joining us it was fun.
[signature]