Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capsize at the Gorge
Hello all. I was just wondering if anyone has heard about a boat capsizing on the Gorge over the past couple of days? I have been out of town and just heard that there was one death of a local fishing business owner. I hope it’s false info. But thought I would ask if anyone has any better information by chance?
[signature]
Yes it's true.. it was Lance from anglers dem
[signature]
Thanks. I was hoping it wasn’t accurate. Brutal loss.
[signature]
[url "https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46348779&nid=148&title=utah-man-dies-in-boating-mishap-at-flaming-gorge"]Link to story.[/url]
[signature]
Holy Cow -- guess I'm hoping this isn't true, as I consider Lance a friend of mine....damn....
[signature]
Very good guy to talk to wether in the shop or on the ice. Always outgoing and helpful.
[signature]
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
it happened last night winds were over 40 mph here's a couple of pick of the boat i took as they towed it in this morning . i am so sorry for the loss of life .
[signature]
I am so sorry! I talked with him at the boat ramp ar the gorge about two months ago. I would occasionally go into his shop to buy some tackle and get some tips. He was a very nice guy! I feel so bad for his family!
[signature]
Very Sad indeed. I've known Lance since he worked at the old Angler's Inn. He's always been a good dude to talk to. He will be missed. Prayers for his family, as I know he has younger kids.
[signature]
I was deeply Saddened when I heard this news earlier today. Just talked to Lance a couple days ago in his shop. We always liked to talk a little bit about our young boys as Ive got one about the same age.
He was a really nice guy and will be gravely missed by the community. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. May they be comforted and protected.
[signature]
Very Sad and thoughts and prayers to Lances Family and friends. He’d always chat with me when I went to store great guy who will be dearly missed by all. Utah angling community lost a great man. He was genuine and again will be missed! RIP my friend...
[signature]
I am just sick. Such tragic news. Lance was one of a kind and such a great guy. He will be unreplacable at the shop let alone to his boys. Prayers for his family, friends, and Wade and the tight crew at Anglers Den.
[signature]
very sorry and Sad to hear about this tradegy,lance has a great young family my very deep condolences.lance was a very skilled and knowledgeable fisherman a real stick.RIP big boy you will be missed.
[signature]
I was stunned when I read the article on KSL. Lance was one of the good ones, and he will be missed. RIP ol' friend....... Fred K.
[signature]
Our hearts are broken at this shocking news. Lance was a fishing mentor and a true gentleman who humbly shared his fishing knowledge. We extend our sincere condolences to his mother, Annie, his wife and sons, his sister, Lisa, and Wade, Cathy and other friends at Angler's Den.
[signature]
Very Sad news. I had never visited that shop, but can see that a lot of people are hurting for his loss right now. It's never easy to lose a member of our fishing community.

Sounds like a lot of great knowledge was lost with him. My condolences to those affected most by this.
[signature]
The article made it sound like it was a little boat. That pic looks like a perfectly capable fishing boat for the Gorge. Sad to hear the gorge has taken another one.
[signature]
It was at least a 19 foot boot .I was there and the wind was blowing very hard maybe 40 to 50 mph .very tough conditions. It may have been a freak wave that took the boat .I am very Sad he sounds like a great man
[signature]
That’s crazy because my parents said the weather was beautiful in Green River yesterday. Must have been a local squall that came out of nowhere. What size were the waves yesterday?
[signature]
So very very Sad!! Prayers to the family!!
[signature]