Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake living up to it's name.
Fish Lake report for the morning of the 14th from 8 till noon. Took the wife's sunday school class. approx. 5 of us fishing. We caught over 40 splake. We kept 20 for the smoker and turned 20 loose for you to catch. Caught 5 perch for bait. We fished out a 150 yards from Joe bush about 24 to 18 feet deep on the moss line. We used cast masters for the flasher and then a foot of line below the cast master with a piece of perch meat. Five out of the five kids had never Iced Fish they had a ball.

To whom it concerns those going to Fish Lake BFT party on the 21st Things have changed. I will not be Fishing out of Lake side. Too much pressure the bite slowed down. So I will be going to the North end at Joe Bush,which is the bathroom's past Bowery Haven. By the way the restrooms are unlocked at Joe Bush. You can get into Joe bush at the top of the hill with 2 wheel drive but you must have excellant mud and snow tires. However 4 wheel drive is recommended for the parking lot by the restrooms close to the lake. Another choice is to park at Bowery Haven where the road maintenence ends. Then walk towards Joe Bush on the Ice approx. 600 yards. Look for Big Fish Tackle Banner or Green Eskimo grand caravan tent, or channel 12 the officail BFT channel. I will be there approx. 7 a.m. or shortly there after. If anyone is interested there will be a bunch of us playing "FROGEYE'S" It cost 3 one dollar bills to enter at the starting time. Dollar for the first Fish , Dollar for the first one to four of rainbow,splake, or mac. Dollar for the Biggest Fish. Frogeye's ends at noon and will settle up. If anyone is interested in learning how to fish Fish Lake come and fish with me. I also have some extra poles set up ready to go for borrow. First come First serve. I will also do a 101 on how to fillet perch or splake if someone is interested in learning. I have free fish recipes and my famous pumpkin cobblar recipe to share.

Lunch will be at the Twin Creeks day use parking lot. It is easily accessible in 2 wheel drive. From 12 noon till 2:00. We are serving Homemade Chili, breadsticks and Hot Choc. The free drawing for members only and their families will take place at 2p.m. sharp. You may only enter the drawing between 12 noon and 2 p.m. and you must be present to win. Many local businesses and B.F.T. have contributed alot of fishing items to be given away in the drawing. A BIG THANKS TO: the following sponsors that donated. B.F.T., Provo Sportsmans Warehouse, Richfield Walmart , Barney company of richfield, Jorgensen's, Ace Hardware. And thanks to a friend for his private donations. If anyone would like to donate the day of the drawing we'll see you at the drawing. Bring the whole family. I have special treats for the biggest party, and the party who traveled the farthest. Look for Mrs pikeman ( Konnie ) she will be in a maroon ford van heating up the chili. Some tips for staying warm. Wear water proof boots and wool socks are best but if not then wear a pair of regular socks, then plastic bread bags then another pair of socks. Like mentioned in post before wear layers of clothing. Hats and gloves a must. Ice conditions are excellant for snow mobile, 4-wheeler , 3- wheeler, and walking pulling sleds. The snow has setteled. Very easy to walk on. The ice is 24 inches plus thick. I will have my power auger at Joe Bush. I would be glad to drill holes for everybody and anybody. Joe bush is easy to notice by the big trees there are 2-3 big tres we will be south east of the trees approx. 150 yards. Here's a number for Dave's Trading post for Bait , tackle , drinks, he also makes a mean breakfest . He opens at 5a.m. you can call him 15 minutes out and he'll have your braekfest hot and ready to eat when you get there. The number is 435-896-9470 . Here's a number to a motel in salina. Best western double's are 52.95 . The number is 529-7600. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. Pikeman and Family P.S. Pikeman drives a blue 88 ford with "GO FISH"license plates.
[signature]
Hey are the roads really good to drive on the way up to the lake? MY mini van has front wheel drive. I am a little scared to drive in any snow conditions. I dont want to slide off or get stuck ![unsure]
[signature]
you miami drivers are such sissies[Tongue], they plow the road so you should fine but you will have to walk a little bit, but i am going up in a little mazda so i will be walking in there also, oh well such is life
[signature]
How big were the splake? We had a tough time catching anything with any size to it last week. We got a whole day's worth of wind Wednesday and it was awful! Hopefully the wind will die down on the 21st. Have fun and good luck all!!! By the way, I wanted to try it at the Joe Bush (didn't know its name until now) area when we were there but I quickly got out voted. "We never catch anything here. Let's go on over to the deep water on the east side." Hm, live and learn.
[signature]
You're not kidding about the bite slowing down near Lakeside. We were up there yesterday, Presidents day, and I've never seen it so slow. My older daughter did manage to catch one nice rainbow. My seven year old was more impressed with the perch. She wound up with 12. I never even caught a fish. Too busy helping them!! Oh well, thats what happens when you've got kids new to the game!We fished the same spot near the park bench at Schubachs and the snow on the ice sure showed a lot of people tearing it up. Too much pressure down there. You may see me up there Saturday. The girls had enough fun that they want to go again! May be I can drag them and my boy up. Probably better that we moved. That north end of the lake has always been my favorite any way.
[signature]