Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grayling on the North Slope
Can some one help me with a list of the lakes on the North Slope of the Uintas where grayling can be found? I've search the DWR website and can't find any specifics.

Thanks
[signature]
Try searching the stocking reports for the last few years. You can search by county and species.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I use the app Fishing UT. It shows all stocking reports for those lakes. For example, Trial lake was stocked with 2"-4" grayling in 2014,'15, and '17. The app also will send notifications when a lake is stocked throughout the state. It is a free app.
[signature]
Okay, I went ahead and searched planting reports back to 2014. Some of your best bets are Smith-Morehouse, Washington, and Trial Lakes. And for only $5.95 we will send you the rest of the list. JUST KIDDING

Here are the others:
GR-119 and GR-145
Summit L GR-2
Whiskey Island L BR-3
China L G-21
Daggett L GR-6
Hoop L
Lily L
Teapot L A-60
Weir L A-50

I hope this helps. I have been trying to find a good place to catch some grayling this year, too. Closest to home is Silver Lake Flat Reservoir above Tibble Fork.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I have caught them in the Weber river up by Smith and Morehouse. it's been a few years ago but I am sure there still up in that area also.
[signature]
[quote jsmunster]

I've search the DWR website and can't find any specifics.

[/quote]

Here are the specifics you are seeking. [Wink]

https://dwrapps.utah.gov/fishstocking/Fish

Click on column headers to sort by species (or other). Links to archived reports can be found at the bottom of the page.
[signature]
Thanks everyone for the input. Much appreciated.
[signature]
If you are looking for more of a wilderness experience try Marjorie Lake. It's a 3.1 mile hike in. It's near Weir Lake and is two miles, as the crow flies, west of Washington Lake where the trailhead is. DWR stopped stocking it many years ago so the fish there are all from natural reproduction. Have fun, wherever you go for them.

You might want to take a look at this site:

http://www.backcountrychronicles.com/arc...life-list/
[signature]