Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry was slow today
we only had this many kokes by 9 AM
had 5 of us in the boat it took us till 12:30 to get are limit for 5 people 20 kokes
biggest was 20"
the last 3 hr best for downriggers was down 38 and 42' feet
all I used was squids pink and pink and white
lost one of my best dodgers on a big fish that is the 3rd one I have lost this year
you would think I would be smart enough to check my line and retie the knots.

the smoke was on the water from the fire it was burning are eyes

one good thing coming home no trucks are car's on the road could go down the hill as fast as I wanted
[signature]
That’s dedication!! Congrats!!! What part of the lake were you fishing
[signature]
nice job, you really do like trolling to fish in that smoke.Looks like those fish are starting to turn red.How many other boats on the water?
[signature]
Fire alert. DWR says Strawberry Reservoir is likely to be shut down tonight until further notice... Check the news.
[signature]

[signature]

[signature]
Are you serious?
[signature]
Single main, no kicker. Wink
I talked to a DWR official late this afternoon. Things could change overnight, but they have such little control on the fire, they are being cautious. Stawberry Marina this morning said their power was down an estimated a 2-week restoration.
[signature]
This is not correct. I spoke with the Marina and they have not heard nor are there plans to close it down. They also work very closely with DWR.
I've been using 10lb line and a little super glue on all my knots. Haven't had a line break in two years. Heavier line pops out of the downrigger clips more easily. Kokes don't mind the heavier line either.
[signature]
As I said, it is a changing situation by the hour. Please check news sources for definitives. I hope it remains open...
[signature]
I was there yesterday. Couldn't believe how few boats and trailers for the 4th of July. Only problem was the guys who can't park. When I was a kid we were taught to color in the lines - suppose to translate over to parking. When the guys park in the travel lanes instead of between the parking lines, it really screws things up. Makes it so you can't get out.

Fishing was pretty good. We came in with 16 - a couple were pretty nice ones. Turned back some small ones and more cutts than kokes.
[signature]
Robert took some kids fishing and said he was happy not much traffic on his way home.You have a problem with that?lol
[signature]
i'm not a fan of what you are trying to turn a fishing report into .i think you owe robert an apology .
[signature]

[signature]
Sorry your friends lost their cattle and ranch but to go on a fishing website and take it out on someone on a post they made is totally uncalled for IMO.
[signature]
+1
[signature]
I'm glad you still got into them. Isn't it ironic that we were just talking about that when I broke off that Dipsy Diver!

Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Thanks for the report liketrolling. I appreciate the help you give all and more importantly the time you dedicate to others. Sliverslinger
[signature]