Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Bay camping notice
I received an email today from the folks who oversee camground reservations for the Strawberry Bay camping sites. The woman told all of us with reservations in the near future that there was a power transformer destroyed by the fire and there is no time frame for the repairs.
Due to the lack of power, there is no electricity for the RV sites and no water pumps to supply the fresh water to the campgrounds. The campgrounds will remain open for the time being but all campers are being told to bring their own water supplies.

They have offered full refunds for folks who want to cancel their reservations and they are going to reduce the fees by 25% for those who are still planning to come.

My wife and I have reservations for a site next week and as of now I plan to go. My RV is fully self-contained and we often camp in the boonies, so it's not a problem for us. I've been looking forward to making this trip for the Koke fishing and I'm hoping the fire situation doesn't force us to cancel.

My thanks and salute to all the fire fighters and support personnel involved in the battle against the Dollar Ridge fire. Please be safe and watch your 6.

Mike
[signature]