Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pics of garden.
Couple of the north 40 LOL I figured out how to do it.
[signature]
Just notice this post, looks good.
[signature]
Found two watermelons in the back garden in the tall grass. It was a nice surprise. Got the seeds from one I bought to eat. planted in July. This is the front garden in picture. I'll do better next year taking pics and posting. can't wait already.
[signature]
Nice, so you have a garden in your front yard and your backyard?
[signature]
Have three raised beds near my house and one garden by back property line that the rabbits like. [ Fence going around it next year.] Found out they bury the phone line 6" below ground here in the country. Yep just underneath my raised beds. I cut that line right off. [:/] I have Rudabackers,peas and beets that won't seem to grow for me. Looks like can beets for me. [Sad]
[signature]
Wow, that does not sound good, I've never heard of phone line buried only 6" deep, that is crazy. Hopefully they did not charge you to repair it. You are still growing stuff? I've put mine to bed for the Winter and started tilling in leaves. I've got 30 bags of leaves in my garden so far, will put in another 30 bags before I'm done, let them decompose during the Winter, than put in several truck loads of manure next Spring.
[signature]
Just picked peas today and Rutabaga"s are still growing.[ I did pick three to try out.] They came out well. Still no beets. [Tongue] Soil test came back and needs nitrogen but Lime even more so. I also put what few leaves I had in the gardens to rot. I'll till in come March. Might get a freeze here this week, If I do I'll salvage what I have. Before we know it , We will be replanting. My new pastor was a commercial fisherman here in NC. He's going to show me some spots in salt water next year. Ya'all have a great Thanksgiving. [Wink]
[signature]
That is amazing that you are still picking stuff. I left some kale in my garden and after several frost it is still alive[crazy].
I get all my leaves from my neighbors, they are glad to get rid of them because most do not garden and they would have to haul them away anyway, they even rake and bag them, so it not too bad to pick up the bags, then spread them in my garden. I usually till in a few bags, then lay down a layer of nitrogen, then another layer of leaves, followed by more nitrogen. I do that three times, then spread out the remaining leave on top and let then sit during the Winter. I have never done this but I hear that salt is good for your garden too.
That's pretty cool that your pastor was a commercial fisherman and nice of him to show you some saltwater fishing spots.
Hope you have a good Thanksgiving as well Gregg.
[signature]