Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8-way slam?
I'll be going fishing tonight at Utah Lake. I expect to catch bullheads, channel cats, and white bass. I might catch a carp or something else. Then early tomorrow morning I'm going fishing at Silver Lake Flats reservoir; I hope to catch grayling and will probably catch rainbows and maybe cutts and brookies. That's a possibility of 8 species, four warm-water and four cold-water. The two lakes are about 12 miles and 3000 vertical feet from each other. What kind of a slam would that be, anyway? I think it will be fun just to see what I come up with. A skunk would be really embarrassing, but I'll post whatever happens. As Helen Keller said, "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

a kool/hot quattro slam bam thank you mam!!!
[signature]
Good luck! Days like that are always memorable. I once caught seven species in one day on CJ Strike in Idaho. I'll never forget it, and probably won't ever come close to doing it again.
[signature]
Here's an update. Last night I managed to catch 3 bullheads but no channels or white bass. Up at 4:45 and to Silver Lakes Flat Reservoir by a little past 6. Lots of surface action in the shallows at the top of the lake. Started with flies but they would hit but not commit; I think they were just bumping them with their noses. My brother tried a lot of spinners but the only thing that worked was worms or salmon eggs. We each managed to catch a couple of grayling and I got several rainbows and a couple of cutts. All small, but frisky and fun on 4'6" ultralight.

I may head out to see if I can catch a brown and a brook in local waters. Then it's back to UL for channels and white bass.

Four down and ? to go.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.