Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Bear Lake Surprise
I took the family to Bear Lake for some fun in the sun and some fishing. We hit the water by 7:30am which was a win considering I had 5 kiddos under the age of 13 and the Mrs with me. The water was glass and the temps were warm. I had just got the first rod in the water when I could tell that my wife was really wanting to ski before we had 4 downriggers out and catching fish. I did a few runs for her on the glass and before I knew it we were fishing.

The Big Blue has never been that good to me but I am starting to figure a few patterns out. We started consistently getting hits and landed some nice cutties. I was having all my luck with daredevils run at 60 feet right on the bottom trolling 2.5-3.0 mph. I fished the morning and then again from 3:30-5:00 which proved to be the best fishing of the day for me. Go figure.

So the thing that was a first. I saw one of my poles have a fish hit and hookup. I grabbed the rod and the rigger right next to it had fish on as well. I handed my rod to my son and grabbed for number 2. We soon found out we were fishing the same fish. When we landed it we saw that the cuttie had inhaled both daredevils. At first I thought he had hooked up and and fouled hooked the second luhr. After a closer inspection both trebles were deep in its mouth. The luhrs were probably 3 feet from each other when all this happened so I’m guessing he saw two things he liked swimming side by side and went for the double.

I’m heading back out tomorrow for some more fishing and skiing. Hope the fish cooperate.
That's crazy fun, thanks for sharing!
[signature]
I like that last picture, that is the way to fish
[signature]
Hungry/aggressive fish Brady. It is great you can enjoy some time out on the water with the family.
[signature]
Interesting new lure in that last photo. Didn't know trout thingies hit buzz baits...
[signature]