Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland Reservoir area
Hi all,

Camping at Cleveland reservoir for a few days this week/weekend and wondering if anyone has any input on the lakes streams in this area? Haven't fished here since I was a kid. I will be fly fishing and have my float tube my wife will have the spinning rig. Anyone been up lately fishing? I am going to try to hit several spots as we are camping Wednesday-Sunday.

Thanks
[signature]
You have limitless opportunities with Mammoth, Electric, and Cleveland so close together.
[signature]
Plus add to Fish_Huntr's list Millers Flat, Fairview Lakes, Benches, Boulgers and Gooseberry to name a few others. You should be able to catch fish at all of these reservoirs and if one isn't working move onto the next one. You should be able to catch plenty at Cleveland in the evening and all day long if it is cloudy. I will be fishing Electric Lake tomorrow (Tuesday) and can hardly wait.
[signature]
Also if you like to try some stream fishing. The left fork of huntington can be great for wild cutthroat about now. Take the Rolfson creek tributary trail and hike down (well marked and improved trail) It takes off at the bathroom located about half way between cleveland and millers flat. A sign marks the trail head. It's not hard walking , but does involve some hiking. Incase you want to try some stream fishing
[signature]
That's right up my alley. I will look into that!
[signature]
The trail will take you down the left hand fork of huntinton river all the way down to huntington canyon. You can park a vehicle at the forks of huntington campground (about 3 miles below electric lake ) and go back to the top (if you have another ride) And walk the whole trail which is roadless. It's about an 8 mile walk, But some great fishing in a wild place. I haven't been through si
nce the seeley fire a couple years back though . So I don't know how that may have affected things as you go down the stream
[signature]
Fished Gooseberry on Saturday and caught planter size fish throughout the day. Fishing was slow on Huntington and would not bother on Fairview Lakes. Very little water in it currently.
[signature]