Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camp Hunt
I am spending a few days at Camp Hunt scount camp with my son next week. I was thinking about getting some fishing in while he was at classes. Can anyone give me some tips on places to go around the camp?
[signature]
Can't say I've ever heard of Camp Hunt, where is it located?
[signature]
Camp Hunt is a boy scout camp approximately 1/2 mile north of the state park marina at Bear Lake.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. If it were me, the choice would be easy, Bear lake of course but I believe there are several ponds and streams in the area. I think the closest is the Garden city pond, they usually keep it stocked, then there is the one up the canyon from Lake town, can't remember the name but we have done good there during ice fishing season. I think there is a stream that has been mentioned before that is toward the Idaho border, is it Swan creek[:/]. Then the longer drive toward Randolf, I think the small lake there is called Deep creek.
[signature]
Garden city pond just had a complete fish die off yesterday and today. No idea why, but probably high temps and oxygen deficiency. Maybe laketown reservoir is good. There is also little creek reservoir just west of Randolph.

Mike
[signature]
Don't bother with garden city pond, the fish all just died. If it were me I would get an Idaho day license and head up to montpelier reservoir. The perch and trout fishing are great right now. Logan canyon has good fly fishing right now as well and the upper stretch is open as of tomorrow. Saint Charles creek in Idaho is about 12 miles north of camp hunt and is awesome for Brookies right now.

Mike
[signature]
Thanks everyone for the info. I will post again with a picture or two if I have any success.
[signature]