Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 2/16
I'm going again, anybody else? I'll be in the same spot, It,s been producing for me. I may try a little shallower if it could mean trout. It would also be nice to cut down on the drop time into 40'.

I drive a blue Dodge w/a Wood topper. You can't mistake it, it looks like a boat. Wife has the FRS at work but I may just buy my own this morning on the way up. I'll be with a 4 yr old.
[signature]
We fished from 10 to around 2. The bite stopped around 1. We got some perch, one was 10". We also got 3 bows, two at 10" and a nice 16".
[signature]
[Smile] I was up to rockport today. I park at the first turnout after the dam,

fished North West of the boat launch. We stuck around until 12:30. It was

Getting to hot and crowded. We caught the usual sized perch and trout except

for the 2# bow the boy caught. We did well on Pink bodied rat finkies and wax

worms. When that slowed I'd throw on a perch eyeball. It was a beautiful day.
[signature]
I parked 2 more pull outs down. There was a party fishing the spot I was hoping for (it's no secret the spot produces). We found a spot though, on our second try I landed a small bow right away and the two holes produced for a couple of hours.

Rockport has been good to me.

It has slowed some and I'm wondering how the northern end is doing. There were more people by the dam than I've seen in a while.Soon I'll have to give up this fishing through a hole and start tying for the coming season.
[signature]
I drilled 8 holes over by the dam and the West shoreline last week. I fished in water from 20' to 56' I ended up with two small perch. Like you say fishing has slowed a wee bit towards the South but I would be hard press to duplicate that trip unless I heard a great report from that end. And I agree completely the Rock has been good.
[signature]
Troll, My wife and I were about 1000 yards north of the ramp about 100 yards out from the east shore. We were in 22' of water. Fishing was fast from 7:30 to about 11:00 and then it slowed down. I can't believe how hot the weather got. My wife looks like she spent the day on the slopes at Snow Basin. We had the FRS on channel 12 and talked to Fishing Waters, Matador and Yper. They all said that fishing was a little slow today. I did better on Sat but we did OK today. It still beats the best day at work. DKSRenegade
[signature]
We caught a lot of fish on Monday too. We fished on the West side about halfway down the lake in about 40-45 ft of water. Fishing was fast until about 11:00 and then slowed a bit. I brought home a limit of 20 nice perch (a couple really nice ones about 11") and 4 trout. My buddy brought home 20 perch and 3 trout. Trout were on the small side but my mother in law had a craving and I did my best to deliver.

Fished gold swedish pimple and chartruse rat finkee both tipped with waxies. Trout were caught on a chartruse "BOOGER" on a glow white jig head tipped with a waxie. Caught perch on that rig too.

I had heard so many negative reports as to how slow Rockport was getting that I had been hitting Echo the last few times. I wish I would have kept fishing Rockport the whole time. The perch are about 2" longer on average and the bite was just as fast in my opinion.

FH
[signature]
My B-in-law and I fished at Rockport on Monday the 16th. Fishing was rather slow over-all. It was a beautiful day and still a lot of fun. Talked to DKS and Yper on the radio. Sounds like they did better than us.

We fished near the dam on the west side. Between the two of us we ended up with 8 trout, 5 perch, and 1 chub. The perch fishig was very slow. In the morning we picked up the perch, and by afternoon the perch totally shut off. Luckily the bows were keeping it interesting. About the time we decided to head to Echo for better perch action, we started getting enough trout action to make us stay Rockport.

We fished at varios depths from 72 feet to 30. Did not see any perch on the bottom. We used various small jigs tipped with night crawler. We caught the perch on the bottom. The trout were between 10 and 25 feet. It was so cool when I would see a trout on the sonar, adjust the depth of my bait to match the depth of the fish, and then wham, a good bite. We caught several fish by spotting them first on the sonar and then going after them.

The perch were between 7 and 9 inches, the trout between 10 and about 13 inches.
[signature]