Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New rod holders
New rod holder for bank tangling. Got tired of crappy store bought bank rod holders crom the stores being so small the barely fit the rods. Or even if they did fit the rods well they were almost impossible to get in the hard ground around here if I could even get them in the ground at all and then when i did the rods where barely off the ground and hidden in the weeds in some places. So i decided to build my own custom ones after tons of searching and not finding anything I liked. First test run with them today and I'm super happy with them. Built them heavy so they can be pounded in the ground with a big hammer.
[signature]
Nice looking setup, thanks for sharing your design with us, looks like it will serve you well.
[signature]
[quote 95Realtree]New rod holder for bank tangling. Got tired of crappy store bought bank rod holders crom the stores being so small the barely fit the rods. Or even if they did fit the rods well they were almost impossible to get in the hard ground around here if I could even get them in the ground at all and then when i did the rods where barely off the ground and hidden in the weeds in some places. So i decided to build my own custom ones after tons of searching and not finding anything I liked. First test run with them today and I'm super happy with them. Built them heavy so they can be pounded in the ground with a big hammer.[/quote]

I like your choice of reels, the AmbasSadeur series is the best bang for your buck around.
[signature]
I've been using them for probably over 20yrs. When it comes to baitcasters I don't think I would buy any other brand. But I bought my girlfriend one of their cheaper S series and found out those are made in China. It's still a nice reel but nowhere as nice as the ones made in Sweden. I also just recently bought her a kast king sharky iii baitfeeder spinning reel and have been really impressed with it.
[signature]
Nice job! Really like them!!
[signature]
Look great. Did you make the ends that are actually holding the rods?
[signature]
No bought those off of Amazon. Got 4 of them for 25.99.
[signature]