Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mud lake tiger musky
Has any one ever caught a tiger musky out of mud lake? Fishing records show a bunch being put in there. Mud lake is super quite when it comes to internet searches though, aside from people saying to not waste your time. I have 3 boys dying to catch one. Just wondering if I went out in my kayak what part of the lake if any is worth trying? Thanks
[signature]
We've seen and hooked a few but never had the right gear. I don't know how long they'll live but there were 40" in there 10 years ago. Mud lake is so shallow they should be easy to spot. Usually laying in the weeds or on the edge. I think we've always seen them in the Camas creek end. Good luck and let us know if you have success!
[signature]
Thanks, I'll for sure post a follow up.
[signature]
We finally made it over there on Saturday. Spent a couple hours afternoon to evening but were skunked. We put in on the south shore boat ramp and headed towards the camas area. The lake was a lot bigger than I remembered. I didn't make it all the way to the camas spot in the kayak but covered some good ground. On the way out there were a couple of people fishing from kayaks in the reeds close to the south shore for bass. They hadn't caught anything yet but it was encouraging to see someone else out on the lake. Really cool spot though and the birds there were amazing to watch and listen too. I'll probably give it a go a few more times as the summer winds down if I can.
[signature]