Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokanee locations on Soldier Creek
I am open to suggestions where to find Kokes on Soldier Creek side. Fully appreciated.

Here is where I have found them with no consistency. The near vertical face below road going to dam, near mid point of that, and that is the east shore. About 100 yes out.

The only other place is the west shore. Prior to narrows, where there are three hills. About 300 to 500 yards offshore.

I heard they can be north of marina too?
[signature]
We have done the most consistent fishing right north out of the marina about 200 yards north and trolling just until we meet the narrows then turn around and troll back in the same locations. Stay away from the middle of the bay where the bottom comes up to 45 feet fast and eats everything ! Let us know how you do !
[signature]
Thanks, never considered there.
[signature]
Your welcome! My post was to say start trolling north right out
Of the marina and stay 200 to 400 yards off the shore. Troll up to where the where the narrows just start and then flip a u-ee and troll right back. It seems there is a high ridge eat shore on the shore and we always seem to do well when we pass that area. 6” bent green dodgers with small pink squid and natural colored maggot with shrimp/anise soaked does the job for use. I re-tie all my squids with 17lb test and a 1/0 trailer by a #2 hook. The kokes are not leader shy. Best speed for us are 1.7 to 1.9. Let us know how you do and good luc
[signature]