Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Used Euro Nymph setup
Anyone selling a euro nymph outfit? I am looking to try euro nymphing but don’t want to spend a ton of money. If anyone has a used setup they are trying to sell let me know.
[signature]
No need to buy a whole new set up. Take your fly rod you have and head to your local fly shop and have them set it up with a sighter and everything. Then dedicate yourself to that technique and see if you like it well enough to buy a whole new set up with the longer rod and everything. This will give you a good idea of whether you like it and only cost you a fraction of the money.
[signature]
You know in a strange turn of events I was actually given a Cortland Competition 10ft4wt nymph rod with Cortland euro nymph fly line and some leaders and such by an admin of another forum. I now just need a reel for this bad boy but will just use my 5wt reel and line until I get a reel for the line I was given.

I’m excited to give it a try. I will be camped at deer creek this weekend and may sneak to the Provo and give it a go.
[signature]
Let me know how it goes. I am in the same boat of wanting to get a full set up, but haven't dedicated myself enough to find out how I like it just yet. Best of luck!!
[signature]
That's a pretty sweet deal and nice setup. I got the Cabela's CZN rod two years ago to try out Euro nymphing as well. Euro nymphing completely changed the way I fished because the only other way I knew was the bounce rig. I went from catching a couple fish a day to consistently catching 20-30. I love the Middle Provo. Tons of places to fish that don't get hammered by everyone else and the fish are always more than willing to eat a good looking nymph. I got an Orvis Recon 10' 3 weight this year and it has upped my game even more.

My greatest advice would be to make sure you get everything setup correctly for Euro nymphing. You have a great start with the rod and line but be sure to use the right sighter, tippet, and flies. I've tried to teach a couple people but they struggled due to trying to use their own equipment converted to the Euro style. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
[signature]