Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double the fun
lots of action last night. from 16"er to a Double hook up of a 30.5" and a 31.25". The double hook up was crazy. Rod 1 bent in half and as I was reeling the fish in I glanced over at my 2nd rod to see it bowing down. continued to fight fish 1 hoping that fish 2 wouldn't pull my rod out of its rod holder and into the river. fish 1 did not want to come off the bottom and kept making hot runs as it got close to the bank. luckily I had the drag set a little lose on the other rod so fish 2 just would strip line every now and again. as soon as I landed fish 1 I didn't even bother to remove the hook just tossed the rod and fish to the side and went to work on fish 2. After all that excitement the rest of the evening was still filled with action lots of hits and misses ended up running out of bait around 1:45 am.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Wow what a great night, can't believe how many hogs your finding this year... Nice job!!! Later J
[signature]
Nice fish! You sir appear to be a catfish fishing savant. Or at the very least have a great spot. Congrats!!
[signature]
Way to show us how it is done.
[signature]
Well done... again. I still say there will be a mid-30s or bigger cat come from you before the season ends.

Keep 'em coming!

BLK
[signature]
Nice fish...You definitely have them dialed in.
I went out early this morning and did alright. Couldn't get nothing over 26 though. Sure was a nice morning until the clouds disappeared.
Sure hope that river doesn't get any lower or all the prime fishing spots will be dried up.
You better give them cats a break for a couple days because I finally got some free time to try and catch them!

Again, good job and nice fish. Keep em coming.
[signature]
hey sugar. yes it sure looked liked a good fishing day this morning. I opened my eyes about 6:30 looked out the window and said to myself I should get up but thats about as I got. rolled over and went back to sleep. Hard to pull a double shift.With just 2hrs sleep. not as young as I use to be. It is getting hard to find spots with big fish in this low water but they are out there.
[signature]
Way to hammer those hogs John ! [Wink] You and sharksugar say the water level is low. How low has it dropped? Still enough to put the boat in next weekend the 4th Aug ?
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
well Forest down around the ramp it's good because of all the gates being closed. I never ran the river in a boat so not sure how deep it would be up river from there, but you can launch at the ramp just fine.
[signature]
John, thanks for the reply. Out in the middle of the river from the ramp upstream toward the hunting club water depth has been about 4 ft. to 8 or 9 ft. and down to 3 ft. Around behind the hunt club it can get kind of iffy, some spots down to 1.5 ft.
From the ramp down river, again starts out at 4 ft, then just below the ramp near that gate there is a hole that is 7 to 12 ft. depending. Middle of the river from there to the bridge gates averages about 4 to 7 ft.

If the gates are all closed, should be deep enough. Mainly, my son wants to know where all the spots along the river are. Think I'll show him the usual ones as we head in towards the ramp. Show him the bottom bridges and gates, then launch from the ram for a look at some of those spots from the river.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool