Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pybus Point Lodge Alaska
Thought I would share some fishing pictures of our trip into Pybus. Just to let you guys know. Pybus is a 5 star camp. The cabins, the fishing and the food are second to none. They are now building new cabins and have some new custom boats coming... this might take it to 10 stars Wink. They take care of the ones that come that don't really fish a lot. Making sure they catch and catch lots. They make sure you feel the burn from reeling in fish. The scenery is unmatched. And the wild life is spectacular Eagles, whales, seals, sea lions, Jelly fish, star fish, otters, bears etc.
It is truly a trip of a lifetime. Here are some pics for you to enjoy. Tight Lines
[signature]
Looks like a great trip.

Someday, Someday..... Sigh.
[signature]
Looks like a fun trip, glad you got to have a fun one... Were those silvers? Did you troll for them? I've always wanted to do the boat trip for the salmon, it looks like a blast... Thanks for sharing it with us... Later J
[signature]
Nice Ling and Yellow Eye buddy. Those are some great fish!
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Glen, I love your company outings.
[signature]
Very Nice! Thanks for the report and pics. I plan to be making that trip soon.
[signature]
Glen, That last picture looks like you caught something that escaped from Jurassic Park -- some prehistoric version of a goldfish that is much larger and more ferocious looking than the 13-1/2" goldfish in my picture and I thought I caught the largest goldfish, but I suppose you would use it as bait for that monster!
[signature]
RonPaulFan

That gold bad boy is a yellow eye. They claim that size is close to a 100 years old. You are only allowed 1 a year. The brown fish that looks like a bass on steroids is called a quill bass they are toxic in their spines if they bump your hand it will swell up like a blown up hospital glove. Yes it was a good time. The big Ling cod had to go back it was over the slot size. They are pretty bad dudes. We caught the salmon trolling on down riggers with flashers and hoochies. A lot like how you Kokanee fish at Strawberry but a bigger size. They were pinks with a couple of koho's in between. They were just starting to come in for the season.
Make sure you watch Outdoors with Adam Eakle he will be airing a show on Pybus Point the end of this month. It is truly a fishermans dream to go to Alaska. Save your coins tight lines.
[signature]
[quote PIKEMAN99]RonPaulFan

... It is truly a fishermans dream to go to Alaska. Save your coins tight lines.[/quote]

Glen, I agree. I was actually on my way very s l o w l y to Alaska when I stopped in Utah after skiing two full seasons in Vail Colorado. I've been enjoying Utah for many years now and I'm still on my way to Alaska and will go with my future sailboat and live there a while. That's one of the reasons I bought a lot of surf fishing equipment and I'm going to go on my first surf fishing vacation to have fun and develop those skills as soon as I find a surf fishing guide (I'm open to it being any coast). I grew up deep sea fishing and my pattern with fishing has been learning many other styles and lately with emphasis on shore fishing which makes surf fishing the natural next style for me to learn.
[signature]
I was just up in Sitka, AK last month. Not very far from where you were. Talk about a great time and great fishing. It's a different world fishing the big ocean and the crazy looking fish that are in there.
[signature]
I give up! You win!

I chose my profile picture because I thought my 13-1/2" Goldfish was enormous and an oddity.

But, your Goldfish is huge!
[signature]