Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo 2/16
I went to echo today. Got there about 10:00. Not too busy. Went southwest of the ramp in 45 feet of water. Used white BOOGERS, green ice flies, ratfinkees, all tipped with meal worm and smothered with smelly jelly. Caught lots of nice perch. It slowed down some after about 1:30, but they were still biting. The perch were pretty aggressive today. Fishingwaters got on the radio as he was driving by on his way home from Rockport. He said it was slow up there. Beautiful day to be fishing.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Mateo, were any of the perch over 10 inches? Any trout? WH2
[signature]
I was at Echo too. Had dead batteries in my radio so I couldn't talk to anybody. Sounds like we had the same trip. Fast fishing, also did good on Ratfinkies (green and glow). I was farther South than you however, and fishing in 31' of water. I wonder if the inversions make the fish more aggressive?

FM
[signature]
I'm not sure if it was over 10", but I caught one that was HUGE, at least by my standards. Most of them were a really good size. I was pretty surprised.

I'm not sure if the inversion has any effect on them, but the ice cracking all day had me nervous enough to move my seat.
[signature]
I have heard from many ,many ice fishermen that noisy ice is good ice.I never could get used to that . Probable why i don't ice fish.
[signature]
Well, thisi s my first season ice fishing, and i love it. I usually sit around the house all winter waiting for the lakes to thaw, but not this year. I've already been fishing more this year and caught more fish than all of last year. And I'm already making plans on what i want to buy and where i want to go next year. However, I look forward to open water this spring, so that I can try out my new pontoon and my new fly rod.
[signature]
Expanding your fishing season sure helps pay for the Park pass and lets you catch and eat fish when most people are shoveling the snow and waiting for spring.

I too can't wait to get the boat out again since the payments still keep coming and the boat doesn't make it out of the garage.

I ice fished Saturday at Deer Creek and found plenty of the 12" to 19" trout. We started about 8 and had our limits by 10:30 but stuck around till 11:30 trying to catch an eye. It was a great day and a little cold but the fish biting help keep the blood flowing...

[Image: party017.gif]
[signature]
Since I started ice fishing four years ago I'm sure I spend more time fishing during the few months of winter than I do the rest of the year put together. There are fewer demands on my time and it's easier to take my kids (compared to fly fishing/float tubing) which means my wife doesn't mind how often I go. Besides that it's just plain fun!

FM
[signature]
Ice fishing is my favorite. We don't have a boat so we can go where ever we want on the lake. Some days it is a long walk back. It is also quieter, you don't have those darn skidoos right in front of you thinking they are all that.
[signature]
I hate those pwc's(personal water craft). I'd like to start throwing rocks at them, but I remind myself that you can't fish in prison. I think my wife appreciates the fact that there aren't any snakes to contend with in the winter.
[signature]
I'm sure there is a walleye just waiting for you when the soft-water season is upon us once again.
[signature]