Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Weekend of Fishing - Where to go...
[font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 1]With the wify and chillins going out of town for the weekend I'm looking for a place to fish. Fished Rockport, Jordanelle, Deer Creek, Bear Lake, Pineview, Causey and Utah Lake so far this year. Thinking about some place new any ideas? Don't have a power auger so ice much over 2 feet is out. (I get too pooped out if I have to drill too many holes!) This weekend we drilled about 12 holes in the ice @ Jordanelle.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]
Looks like you haven't done echo yet. fishing is still good there.
[signature]
head up to fishlake I think that party is up there next weekend
[signature]
I'm going to be at Rockport for the party on Saturday. I will have a power auger with me if you would like to use it up there. You have not listed Strawberry. I bet someone with a power auger would drill your holes there for you also. How about it guys. Who will have a power auger at the Berry this weekend that could help friend out if he needed it. DKS
[signature]
I was thinking about fish lake, but with dogs at home they need to go out at least once every 8 hrs. and the little one is too small to be in the cold all day. So it has to be a day trip.

Echo sounds good. Haven't been up ther but I don't know where on the lake to fish. Give me more info HFT?
[signature]
DKS - I don't know about the berry....I heard 40+ inches of ice that's just too much. My friend who loves the berry has even ruled that out until soft water is upon us.

Keep the ideas coming....
[signature]
Hey ffm, Echo's pretty easy access, and FREE(nice plus). Just drive to the boat ramp/marina, walk down through the gates, walk down the boat ramp, and head south west as far as you want to go. I've got some gps coordinates from a couple of previous trips. Wish I'd marked yesterday's trip, but i didn't. I've been catching lots of perch in this area, and I've seen people catching trout, even though I haven't caught any. I'm sure others will post good spots too, but I like the access at the marina.
[signature]
Echo is sounding better and better!!!!!
[signature]
How about east canyon? I fished it two weekends ago and the ice was only 12 inches thick. Nice lake, easy access, lots of wildlife. But not lots of fish. HFT said we were fishing to deep.
[signature]
It has been a couple of weeks since we fished Echo. But we found the trout were just above the perch. We were using white what a crickets on an orange jighead tipped with a worm. I even had a trout follow my perch up, my son-in-law dropped his lure down as I saw the trout and he hooked it.Good luck and let us know how you did.
[signature]
mateo, send me those GPS coordinates and I'll find the spot.
[signature]