Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear River Bird Refuge...no skunk
Well I didn't land any of the monsters that Ahi and Shark seem to be dialed in on, but I didn't have to carry home that stinky black and white cat either [Wink]
Had lines in the water about 7:35 this morning, by 7:43 had my first "skunk killer" landed.
[inline "(0158) Cat #1 CPR.jpg"]

Then till about 10:30 the bite was fairly steady. Notice, I said the "bite". Lots of nibbles, pop and drops, and a few hit,run, and let go. But enough Kitties took the hook to allow me to consider this a "better than good day fishin". Even landed one of John's 20 inch escapees [laugh] and one 23 incher. Not the 36 incher I would love to land, but big enough to give me a 1 inch bump in the contest.
Funny thing, I decided to try an old Catfish bait that folks have used for many decades. I picked up a tub of chicken livers on the way to the river, and my obligatory dozen night crawlers. Shortly after getting lines wet, I added some carp chunks to the mix. Yep, MIX. I put all those baits together in the same tub, stirred gently, and allowed to "soak". Of course we all know that chicken livers require some special handling to keep them on a hook. I didn't do all that. So instead of "tying" the liver to the hook, I soaked the worms in the liver blood and wrapped them to the hook. Worked quite well. The 23 incher was hooked on one of those "liver worms" [laugh]

Chatted with Ahi a couple times. Of course he had landed several in the "they won't help his score" range. But you know a bad day ...............good day.......[Wink].
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Like always it was great to see you Forest. nice to hear you caught a bumper fish. I just might get me some liver to soak my carp in. never thought of that trick. Like you said a good bad day for me. caught a 26.5 ,26, 25, and a 18"er. Still a great day out, didn't seem quite as hot today.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast