Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mt. Fires, toxic algae bloom, nowhere to fish
Fires were keeping me from the mountain waters, Toxic algae bloom from Utah Lake, no northern Pike left in Yuba, Nasty air forcing me to stay indoors so I called a handful of friends and told them "Let's go to Mexico, breathe some clean air, eat some great food and catch a bunch of fish while helping the orphanage in Cabo."
The attached video shows the great fishing we had and the story about the orphanage is better suited for another forum. This short video is not about Utah fishing, but all of the fishermen and women in it are from Utah, Does that count? Enjoy. Steve

https://vimeo.com/285673617
Nice Steve.
[signature]
Yeah I can't remember a season like this with all the fires. I've fished the Cancun side, but not the Cabo side - that looks like a blast! I'll need to put that on the bucket list. Those Mexico trips seem relatively affordable as well. Thanks for sharing!
[signature]
Steve, Great video! I too, have been thinking of fishing outside of Utah with the smoke and algae toxins it would be a good time to drive to a beach that I can drive on (part of the desired adventure) for my first surf fishing vacation. I suppose I'm still waiting to find the surf fishing guide that will make it productive use of my time and an accelerated learning experience based on long experience of a guide.

I would be tempted to go deep sea fishing like that because it brings great memories and it's not the expense of boat fishing or even expensive deep sea fishing vacations that has me keeping with my present style of various sorts of shore fishing as I've done a lot of deep sea fishing mostly every year of my childhood on the family boat.

Surf fishing will be my new adventures in fishing. Also, it fits much better with my sense that our preparedness will be needed soon and my planned preparedness style transition to sea based mobility by sailboat because there will be coasts mostly everywhere I would go in a sailboat and the fuel and logistics of boat fishing are not conducive to fishing for a food source in the harsh time to come.

I haven't been fishing as much as I would like due to working on some projects and taking off from fishing came at the time of smoke and toxins, but I'll get in some fishing this fall and look to a lot of ice fishing this winter and I have a LOT of new lures to try.
[signature]
That was an amazing video. I would love to go do that one day. Thanks for posting that.
[signature]
Makes it hard to stay at work today! Thanks for sharing!
[signature]
Thanks for the kind comments. As I get older and my health begins to fail these Mexico trips become very important to me, not knowing which will be the last adventure.
In November, if I can, I will be returning to a magical place called Magdalena Bay on the Baja. Extremely hard to get to by air, it is an isolated location that hosts thousands of spawning and migrating marlin during the fall. A place I have wanted to fish all of my adult life, now is the time before time runs out. If I make the trip I will share it with all of you. Thanks Steve