Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation?
Has anyone been to Starvation recently?
If so, how was it?
[signature]
I made it out there today and the weather has changed and the fish were finicky. Rabbit Gulch jigging a crawler worked but it took me a long time to find them. They were shallow 8 to 10 feet outsize was better then my last couple trips. I hope this helps.
[signature]
A friend and I were there today as well. We found scattered SMB in small pockets in coves using dropshot, crankbait and jig/crawler rigs. Also found good perch, walleye to 13", and SMB in Rabbit Gulch off rocky points in 17' - 20' using mostly jig and crawler. We fished from 7:30 am - 12:30 pm and had our best luck after 9:30. Ended up keeping 18 perch 8" - 13", about 10 filletable walleye and 9 SMB less than 13".
[signature]
Thank you for the update / report.
Did any tactic work better than another?
I was thinking just vertical jigging jig heads with Nightcrawler. I'm taking my wife and my five-year-old, and just would like to get into some fish. Size is not as important on this particular trip.
[signature]
Thank you for your reply
[signature]
Our best was an 1/8 oz orange jighead with a crawler on it fished close to bottom. Sounds like you need to check various depths to stay in contact with the fish. Good luck!
[signature]
Thanks again, I greatly appreciate it.
And you also helped with my decision to possibly take the boat to big sandwash instead. Just camped out in the Bason for the Archery hunt, and want to get them on a few fish during the day.
[signature]
I wouldn't recommend trying to launch a boat at Sandwash. There is 20'+ of mud below the ramp right now. We tried there before going to Starvation.
[signature]