Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oakley Reservoir
Anybody know how Oakley is doing right now? I haven't been there in a long time and I'm going to be in Twin for the long weekend and thought I might take my small boat down there for some fun. Does Oakley typically get a bad algae bloom like Salmon Falls does? Is the ramp still in the water late in the season? Any info would be appreciated.
[signature]
Not sure how fishing has been, but was catching some fish a few weeks ago. I know people have been putting boats still.
[signature]
I wad there last Tuesday. Algae is not bad but present. Water was at the end of the ramp but still launchable. Caught 18 eyes, 3 trout and three perch. Nothing of any size. Water is receding fast.
[signature]
Made the trip down last week... much better bite later in the day than it was earlier on. Took home 11 eyes, 1 perch and 3 trout. Caught them on spinner/crawler, slow death/crawler, Smile blade/crawler and jig/crawler anywhere from about 10 to 25 feet deep. Tried tossing cranks but that did not get anything. Only saw a few other boats the entire day and they were all fishing!

Paul
[signature]
By next weekend, will you be able to launch a boat on the ramp?
[signature]
I believe the ramp was already out of the water when we were there. We put in the water off the shore east of the ramp a ways.
[signature]
Thanks for the report and info. How deep was the water, at the deepest area you fished?
[signature]
We saw 50 feet or so... didn't fish anything over 30 though.
[signature]
Wow, did not know that lake was that deep, thanks for the info.
[signature]