Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek Chubs
Does anyone have any advice on catching chubs at Lost Creek that they are willing to share? I have fished it 20+ times in the last year and a half and have yet to catch one. I have had some awesome trout fishing though. Some people say that the chubs a problem up there, but I have yet to see it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a float tube if that helps. I will post a report if I get out. Thanks.
[signature]
Not been up to Lost Creek in about 2 years but never saw any Chubs there the several time I have fished it.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
It has been 3 years since I have been to Lost Creek so not really up to date info. I caught several just drifting a piece of worm with no weight while in my tube around the bay from the boat ramp south.

Thought about making a trip up for them, need some catfish bait,
[signature]
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
[quote TrickyFish]Does anyone have any advice on catching chubs at Lost Creek that they are willing to share? I have fished it 20+ times in the last year and a half and have yet to catch one. I have had some awesome trout fishing though. Some people say that the chubs a problem up there, but I have yet to see it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a float tube if that helps. I will post a report if I get out. Thanks.[/quote]

Would you feel bad if I told you my nephew caught a chub last week on his first fishing day ever up there? No idea what he caught it on but they were targeting trout.
[signature]
That place is so infested with chubs it's hard to believe in 20 trips you haven't caught a single chub but it's likely because of the method you are using. We caught them trolling green spinners behind a dodger or as mentioned just a plan hook with a piece of crawler back by the boat ramp and in that area. If you have a finder, you should not have any problem locating them, they are for the most part in big schools. How big are the trout you are catching, any cutts?
[signature]
Try a drop shot rig, two or three hooks (size 8 or smaller hooks) tipped with a chunk of night crawler (no larger than 1/2" in length). You should also be able to catch them under a slip bobber rigged the same way as described for the drop shot rig.
[signature]
I’m sure it is the tactics that I use. I’m not complaining, I just hope I can get some chubs now that I want to catch them. My float tube doesn’t have a fish finder set up, but I do have a personal pontoon with one. I’ll give that a shot. I did really well up there last year. This year has been a bit slower for me. I haven’t fished it as much lately, but when I have, it’s been mostly rainbows. A good share were at the upper end of the slot though. Early in the season I had two slot buster cutts and a lot in the slot. I’m almost always fishing from shore.
[signature]
Thanks for all the tips guys. I’m going to combine all of them and hopefully get a lot of chubs for bait. If life doesn’t get too busy, I’ll be up there sometime during the week. Thanks again.
[signature]

Hey Trickyfish , what day are you planning to go up to Lost Creek ? I've been thinking about going back up there myself .
[signature]
Let know how you do and how the new road looks after your next trip up there, good luck.
[signature]
I am planning on getting up there Thursday sometime in the evening. Most of my fishing is restricted to the evening/night bite due to schedueling. Id be up for some company if it works out.
[signature]

Thursday is the only day this week that I can't go . I'm thinking about tuesday or Wendnesday. I'll post my results when I get home. Going to try my net tossing.
[signature]
Fish the spillway below the dam (the side that overflows when the reservoir is full, not the one that is currently flowing). Last time I was up there I could not cast without catching a chub.

As far as on the reservoir it is pretty hit and miss. I tend to land a few in the shallows on the west side of the reservoir just before getting back to the ramp in the evenings.
[signature]