Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua really low water
Drove by Mantau yesterday on my way home. Man is it low water condition. Warning sign at the ramp cautioning about hazards. There is about 30 - 40 feet of mud shore showing on the south edge.

I don't think big boats can launch, might be a great time for float tubes, pontoons and kayaks. Not sure about shore fishing from the dike.
[signature]
I haven't ever paid attention to Mantua this time of year, is this usual for that pond or are they doing something that pulled the water down lower? Seems like it's usually a lot higher than this for ice season.... Does it fill through the fall so it's ready for what we see when the ice comes??? Guess you may not know these answers either, but just thought I'd ask, in case you do... Thanks for the report Rod.... later J
[signature]
I talked about this with a guy I work with that lives in Brigham, and he wondered if it was because of the new Niagara bottling plant using the spring water from Mantua. If they pull enough water out of the aquifer that there isn't much left to pump into the lake. Or the might be doing repairs on the dam or the drought. I've never seen even close to this low.
[signature]
Sure hope we get some more water this winter... Looks like we are starting to hurt all around... I heard Porcupine and Hyrum are both quite low as well... Pray for snow, but maybe in a month or so.... Later J
[signature]
Fished Mantua last Friday and it wasnt that great. Lots of green slimy algae. The water is pretty low. All the reservoirs up north are really low. Even on the Idaho side.

Went for a ride to Porcupine today and like everything else, a long way down to get to the water.

We desperately need some rain.
[signature]
Lakes are down for sure but Northern Utah has faired pretty well. Certainly have seen them down a lot lower. Just two years ago at this time 1/3 of Porcupine was just a river. We need some rain and certainly a good snow pack but have you been to Bear Lake ? - there is very little beach it is so full. The water board meetings I have gone to show northern Utah weathered the summer OK but we do need a good winter. Time for a good rain dance.
[signature]