Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry Report
Hello fisher people. I fished the berry today from 8 to 4 and it was fair fishing. We fished in the Chicken Crk area anywhere from 11 to 23 ft of water. You had to move around to find fish. My buddy caught one big rainbow and we caught probably 25 cuts in the slot. Fish wanted green or white jigs with powerbait or mealworms.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Catfish, how thick was the ice? WH2
[signature]
like 12-15 inches...some slush formed during the day
[signature]
We fished the marina today for 2 hours this morning. We got a later start than we had hoped for so we didn't start until 8:15 and had to pack up a leave at 10:15. This morning was the warmest morning I have fished Strawberry all year. It was about 27 degrees at 8:00 AM. The bite was consistant throughout the 2 hours we fished. I landed 9 cuts all slotters and my friend landed 4 (It was his first time ice fishing for 5 years and he wasn't too good at the hook set). All of his were cuts in the slot as well. 2 of them were a shade over 21 inches and fat as footballs. We were fishing about 20 feet deep with paddlebugs and foxeys tipped with mealys. We caught most of them on the bottom but I did real up to catch 2 of them at 15 feet when my finder marked them at that depth. There was another group about 60 yards away from us fishing in 40 feet deep but catching fish suspended at about 20 feet deep. They caught 3 or 4 fish during the time we were there. The ice is getting very very thick and drilling a second hole for the finder was a pain but paid off in the end. There is about 10 inches of crusty powder followed by a 3 inch hard layer and then 6-8 inches of slush and then about 14 inches of ice. You almost get to the top of the drill fins before getting to water. There were a few wheelers out today but appeared to be slow going in the deep powder but able to get around slowly without getting stuck. All in all another fun day at the Berry.

Bigcat
[signature]