Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catting at Willard 9-20-18
Wiperslayer and I got out to Willard today, 6:45 am to 12:45, water temp was 67 to 69 degrees. We were hoping to get into some wiper boils but it wasn't to be, so we started fligging it for cats. The cats were more than willing to play, with over two dozen brought into the boat, two were 25", most were 20 to 22". Ran in to Burley out on the water, then later Firefighter, good meeting you FFer and seeing you again Hew. Nice morning on the water, few nats and little wind and good company.
[signature]
Is that a school of catfish?
[signature]
I was hoping it was crappie but my guess shad.
[signature]
Good to get a chance to meet you today. Thanks for the fishing and trailer loading tips. I'm old but new to this boating stuff. Hoping that at my age I can still learn a few more things. It was a great day to be out on the water.
[signature]
Man, I hate it when all I can catch are cats.
[signature]
Sounds like lots of fun, nice report Curt... Later J
[signature]
[quote FatBiker]Man, I hate it when all I can catch are cats.[/quote]
What do you when the other fish don't want to plays, cats are always better that no tugs at all and they give a good fight, so that's all that matters in the end.
[signature]
[quote utfyrfytr]Good to get a chance to meet you today. Thanks for the fishing and trailer loading tips. I'm old but new to this boating stuff. Hoping that at my age I can still learn a few more things. It was a great day to be out on the water.[/quote]
No problem at all, hope you are able to figure out a solution to you boat loading issue.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2][quote FatBiker]Man, I hate it when all I can catch are cats.[/quote]
What do you when the other fish don't want to plays, cats are always better that no tugs at all and they give a good fight, so that's all that matters in the end.[/quote]

[#0000FF]Methinks Larry was pulling your braided line...or whatever. I know he enjoys cat tussles. And I also know that his lady would rather chase cats than the "more glamorous" species.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Yea, I was thinking the same thing but thought I'd give him a reply.
[signature]