Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last hoo rah at Lincoln
I had to try one more launch at Lincoln just to see if it could be done. It can, but no more. Water was about a foot deep and I left a pretty good mud trail all the way out. It was worth it. Had a great day.

Water temp was 61 at 7:00 and warmed to 63 when I ran out of bait at 11:00. Water was calm with very little algae. Fish were active and hungry. I caught about 15 cats and most of them were better than 26 inches, a couple just shy of 29, and, finally one that just touched 30 inches. Football sized bodies and all full of fight. Caught them on G-fligs, and double hook rigs, and single hooks using bwb and caplets. Steady fishing until about 10:00 and then the action slowed.

I will continue to fish Lincoln with my kayak but will miss the comfort of my boat. Still some good fishun' to be had even with the low water. I have a hook up planned with TubeDude on Thursday so I hope the cats are still as active as they were today.

I ain't over yet.

BLK
[signature]
It looks 30ish to me, good job, to bad about the low water, you think they would mind if we borrowed the heavy equipment making the subdivision and fix that, you like to live dangerously. [Wink]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
That's great (the 30, not the water level). I saw the first 30 in my boat last week. Things are heating up as the water cools down!

Keep up the good work!
[signature]
MSM-- let's do it... you drive I'll supervise.

Sure would like to see something done to deepen the channel while the water is as low as it is. By the time the appropriate okays were obtained from all the government entities and the Army Corp of Engineers got started the lake would probably be full and flooding. Government is not know for it's alacrity.

Pisco-- Best time of the year is upon us. I'm counting on a couple more 30+ers before the contest ends. Hope you can get out and contribute to the cause.

Fish on.
BLK
[signature]
Good going Lynn. Hopefully that is only the start of a good fall fling. I going to wet a line again Thursday. Still looking for your 33.
[signature]
We all knew it was just a matter of time till you got a 30. Now it's time to get that 33, or, heck, even a 36! It's our time to shine--watch out North, here we come! It looks like Ice_sled and I will be going out Thursday, too. If we all manage to catch 30+ inchers it would put a big dent in the North's lead. I know you all can do it and I hope I can keep up with the "big boys."
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Very Nice BLK. Glad to see there are some active fish some where. Even if it is down south.[Image: bobwink.gif] Things up here have really slowed down.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
[#0000FF]Just wonderin' if catfish migrate south in colder weather.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I will be spending some more time at Willard soon. Are you planning to hit it too?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks Ahi, I had to stretch that one a bit to touch that 30 inch mark but I think Jeff will give it to me... if not, no big deal. Gotta tip my greasy carp-stained hat to you for the cats you have hauled in, very well done and impressive. Keep 'em coming.

I still think their is a 36+ incher lurking out there somewhere, north and/or south, that is just waiting to be caught. The cats seem to be coming on down this way so I am still hoping for Mr. Big before the contest ends. Tube Dude has been bugging me about wanting some how-to lessons on catching cats so we have a session scheduled for tomorrow. Watch for a big one from me.

Fish on.

BLK
[signature]
Great job on on getting to the 30" club and closing up the lead.
[signature]