Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provo Harbor 9/27/18
Ice_sled invited me along today to give his new boat a tryout and catch some big cats. He tried for some baby wb early but they weren't playing, (but he had all sorts of fish that we tried out). When I got there it was 41 degrees. As we moved out of the channel the water was a little choppy but it settled down as the day progressed. We each caught eight cats; most were in the mid-twenties. We caught some bigger ones but Ben didn't get any 30-inchers to bump his score. I, however, had rather fantastic luck. I've been wanting to get a 27"er and I thought I had it on one of my first fish. It turned out to be a 27.5 and I was happy. Later I hooked into something that felt bigger, but we both thought it was maybe 27 when we got it in the boat. This one went 28", my second bumper of the day. A little later I tangled with a fish that felt like it had some real heft to it. When ice stretched it out on his board it went to the 29.5" mark. Now my measly little 27.5 was bumped off, too. If Jeff assigns the numbers that I see it will raise my score to 86.5 which ain't too bad for a rookie, if I do say so myself. I'm really tired and kinda in a daze right now and feeling very blessed. Forgive me if my numbers are off: tired and dazed.

Ice_sled's new boat is very nice. At 21' it is quite roomy and very stable. He got it on a great deal and has put a lot of work into it to make it a first-class fishing machine. He did hit a little hiccup with the 115 hp motor today but that'll be worked out soon. I really enjoyed my day out with him and can't thank him enough for putting me on those great fish.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Good on both of you! That is a day to remember. I'm glad you had a great trip! Now for the 30's!
[signature]
Thanks Craig for the good company today. Was glad to see you boost your numbers. Your definitely Catchinon!
[signature]