Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sturgeon again 9- 25-26 -18
Hue talked me into going sturgeon fishing again (didn't take much talking). As is the custom all too often, I played the role of gracious host. He landed 9 sturgeon and he kindly allowed me to land 4). It could have been even worse because he also lost two.

Hue got far more bites than I did. Next trip I am going to recruit one of my guests to prime the outboard in the morning, or at least, I am going to remember to wash my hands with baking soda before I put on my bait. I'll have to come up with a different excuse if that doesn't remedy the gracious host problem.

We experienced something really unusual on this sturgeon trip. We would get a bite, either on my rod (occasionally) or on one of Hue's rods (frequently) and while waiting for a second bite to set the hook Hue would get a bite on his other rod (not the rod that he got the first bite on) and hook the sturgeon on the second rod. This happened at least 50% of the time and I have only occasionally seen it happen on previous trips.

Every place we anchored up and fished, after seeing sturgeon on the fish finder, we caught a sturgeon, except for one stop. We only fished where we saw sturgeon on the fish finder, which we found to be an effective way to fish for them.

As always, fun outing with Hue. Hue can post some pictures if he chooses to do so (I didn't take any this trip).
[signature]
I found out that this is what Kent is best at. Just watching the rods and telling me that I have another bite.[Wink]

[inline "IMG_20180926_130657625 - Copy.jpg"]
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Nice to know that your friends have your back.[:p]
[signature]
Okay, okay, Here is one of his rare moments of the trip.

[inline "DSCF1604 - Copy.JPG"]

[inline "DSCF1609 - Copy.JPG"]
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Well it looks like hue had a good time anyways lol.. I need to get back up there soon!!!!!!!
[signature]