Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green River HELP
A buddy and I are gonna go on an overnight trip to the green river to fish below Flaming Gorge.

Neither of us have ever fished this river but want to drive out Friday night, sleep, and wake up early to fish all day, and drive home after.

Any suggestions on places to camp? Any free spots to camp? Just doing small tents for a few hours until we wake up to fish.

Should we go to little hole or walk the trail down the A section for a bit?

Any suggestions to help make this a success? Flows are around 2000cfs right now and supposed to go down from here on out according to one site I looked at.
[signature]
Camp at Dripping Springs, on the Little Hole road between Dutch John and Little Hole. Then go park in the morning at Little Hole, 5 minutes away, and fish up and/or down to your hearts content. "A" is up, "B" is down. Both are great. Fish up in the morning to avoid drift boats, and below the ramps in the afternoon/evening to, again, avoid any boat traffic. Miles of water and tens of thousands of trout. Fish how you like to fish. Dry, nymph, streamer. Hatches will be midges and baetis. If you get a cloudy afternoon, be ready with your BWO adults and emergers. Nymph with small BWO nymphs and midge larvae. Fish streamers in the shallower riffles, up and across or on a swing.

If you can time it with a cloudy day, that's how I'd choose when to go. It will make fishing everything better, thin out some of the riff-raff, and the afternoon hatch can be grand.

If you're coming in from SLC via Manila, there are some dispersed camping areas on the road up along the Uintas between Sheep Creek and the turnoff to the dam. There are hunters camped in some of them now, but you can find an adequate tent side for a few hours, free. It could snow, be prepared.

October is a fine month on the Green.
[signature]
Thanks so much!! That is everything I needed to know!
[signature]
Here is the results!!

https://youtu.be/Z-ayLtGo2oo
[signature]
Looks like a great trip. Beautiful river and fish!
[signature]